JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Stage Musical Gets Postponed As Actors Need More Training
In an unexpected turn of events, the much anticipated musical adaptation of JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood has announced the cancellation of its performances scheduled from Feb 6-8, 2024.
The decision to cancel was due to the team needing additional time for preparations than originally anticipated, thereby, making it difficult to perform the musical in an ideal condition.
The production team expressed their apologies to the fans and ticketholders for the the inconvenience caused.
Details regarding rescheduled performances, refunds, and information about shows that are scheduled from Feb 10, 2024 will be revealed on the official sources of the stage play and Toho Theater website by Feb 8, 2024.
JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood musical is set to premiere at Tokyo’s Imperial Theater until Feb 28, 2024, before moving to Hokkaido’s Sapporo Cultural Arts Theater Hitaru from March 26 to 30, and then to Hyogo Performing Arts Center – KOBELCO Grand Hall from April 9 to 14.
Nei Hasegawa is directing the musical, with Tsuneyasu Motoyashi in charge of the scripts. Dove Attia will compose the music.
- Yuya Matsushita and Shotaro Arisawa as Jonathan Joestar
- Mamoru Miyano as Dio Brando
- Miisha Shimizu as Erina Pendleton
- Young Dais as Robert E.O. Speedwagon
- Yoshihisa Higashiyama and Yūsuke Hirose as Will A Zeppeli
- Yamato Kochi as Jack the Ripper
- Jumpei Shimada as Wang Chan
- Kong Kuwata as Dario Brando
- Tetsuya Bessho as George Joestar I
JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure
As of December 2023, its chapters have been collected in 133 tankbon volumes.
Source: Official Website
READ ON APP