Haryana: Man held for murdering wife in Panipat
A man was arrested for allegedly killing his 20-year-old wife by slitting her throat here in Panipat, the police said.
The victim, Kajal, hailed from Bihar's Darbhanga and was married to Gunjan.
Gunjan was allegedly a drug addict and used to quarrel with Kajal as he suspected her of infidelity.
On Friday evening, the couple had a brawl over a mobile phone when Indira, mother-in-law of the deceased, went to a neighbour's house. When Indira returned, she found Kajal lying in a pool of blood. Later neighbours informed the police about the incident.
A post-mortem of the body has been done and a case against the accused has been registered by his mother, said Manjeet Singh Chandni Bagh Station House Officer.
- COVID-19 lockdown: Auto drivers adversely affected in Uttarakhand
- Delhi sizzles at 45 degrees Celsius, no respite till Friday: IMD
- Lucknow: Shopping complexes to resume operations from May 26
- India sees biggest spike in COVID-19 with 6,767 cases; tally reaches 1,31,868
- Cyclone Amphan: WB Governor targets Mamata for delay in seeking Army's help for relief work