How to Check The 5G Connectivity in Your Area
Curious if 5G has reached your area? With telecom giants like Bharti Airtel and Reliance Jio rolling out 5G services across India, it's important to know how to check if your city or location is 5G-ready. Currently, 5G is available in a total of 13 cities, with Airtel leading the charge in 8 of them. To find out if 5G is accessible to you, the simplest method is to activate 5G mode on your smartphone.
If enabling 5G mode doesn't yield results, Airtel offers a dedicated tool within their Airtel Thanks app. Download or update the app, then locate the "Check if your phone is 5G-enabled" feature. This tool informs users whether their current location is 5G-ready or not.
Steps to Check The 5G Connectivity in Your Area
- Download and install the Airtel Thanks app on your smartphone. Ensure it's updated to the latest version if you already have it.
- Open the app and locate the option labelled "Check if your phone is 5G-enabled."
- Tap on this option, and the app will provide you with relevant information.
- If the message reads "You are in a 5G city," it means your area is 5G-ready. If not now, it indicates that 5G services will likely be available in your region in the future.
- Is 5G available in my city?
- 5G availability varies by location. Check with your telecom provider or use available tools to determine if 5G has been rolled out in your city.
- How can I check if my phone supports 5G?
- Enable 5G mode on your smartphone settings. If your device is 5G-compatible, it will detect and display 5G signals instead of 4G.
- What if I don't see a 5G logo on my phone?
- If your phone doesn't display a 5G logo, it may indicate that 5G services are not yet available in your area or your phone may not support 5G.
- Yes, some telecom providers offer tools within their apps to check if your location is 5G-ready. For example, Airtel provides a tool in the Airtel Thanks app.
- Stay updated with announcements from your telecom provider regarding 5G rollout in your region. Additionally, regularly check your smartphone settings for 5G connectivity options.
READ ON APP