Union Human Resource Development Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ inaugurated 5 new Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs), one National Navodaya Leadership Institute and laid foundation stone of 9 new JNVs through video conferencing in New Delhi today. Smt. Reena Ray, Secretary, Department of School Education and Literacy; Shri Bishwajit Kumar Singh, Commissioner, Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti;, Commissioner, Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan, Shri Santosh Kumar Mall and other senior officers of Ministry & JNVs were present during the event.Speaking on the occasion, the Union Minister congratulated all the officers of the Samiti for increasing the number of Navodaya Vidyalayas to provide quality education in rural areas and hoped that Navodaya Vidyalayas will enlighten each region of the country by doing excellent work with the light of their education.
Shri Nishank said that the construction work of these 6 JNVs has already been completed and the construction work of new Vidyalayas where foundation laying has been done will be completed in coming 2 years. The estimate cost of construction of these works is 417.06 crores.The Union Minister further said that JNV provides qualitative, modern education to the talented children predominantly from rural areas. The education includes important components like social values, environmental awareness, collective activity and physical education. The quality of these schools is reflected by the fact that many students who have passed from JNV are working successfully on the strength of their talent in all the prestigious fields like IAS, Medical and Engineering etc. Last year approx. 4451 students in JEE Mains, 966 students in JEE advance and 12654 students in NEET have successfully qualified. In addition to this, 12 students have got admission in International Universities in the last three years, he added.Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal told that there are total 661 sanctioned JNVs in the country which are working to provide quality education to the meritorious children of rural areas. These schools are co-education, fully residential and run by NavodayaVidyalaya Samiti, Noida (UP) through 8 Regional Offices. The pace of construction work is going on at a fast pace in 37 new permanent campuses and the construction work of 12 new Vidyalayas campuses are likely to be completed in the financial year 2019-2020.
Details of 09 JNVs where foundation stone was laid
1. JNV Sepahijala Tripura was established in 2017. This JNV caters to 3.71 lacs population of the Sepahijala District. This JNV is running in a temporary site at Gabardi in Takarjala, 20 km away from Agartala city. The construction of the permanent site has started this month and is expected to be completed by 2021. The estimated cost of the construction of the first phase is Rs 43.17 crore.
2. Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, South Tripura was established in 2017. This JNV is running in a temporary site in Belonia, 93 km away from Agartala city. The JNV caters to a district population of 8.75 lacs. The permanent site is under construction and the first phase is expected to be completed by 2020. The estimated cost of the construction of the first phase is Rs 41.76 crore.
3. The JNV at South West Khasi Hills was sanctioned in the financial year 2017-18. This JNV will cater to a population of 1.1 lacs. The JNV is located approximately 80 Km from Shillong city. The 30 acre permanent site of the Vidyalaya is at Mawlangwir which is 4 km away from the district headquarters, Mawkyrwat. Construction of boundary wall has been started at the permanent site. The total cost of construction of first phase is Rs 47.53 crore.
4. The JNV at Jalpaiguri was established in 2014. The JNV is located approximately 72 Kms from the district headquarter Jalpaiguri. The estimated cost of construction of first phase is 30.76 crore.
5. JNV Kalaburgi-01 was established in 2017. The JNV caters to a district population of 5.34 lacs. The JNV is located approximately 25 Kms from Gulbarga city. The Vidyalaya is now at temporary site, which is situated opposite to S.P. Office, DAR HQ, Kalaburagi. The permanent site of the Vidyalaya is located near Fartabad, at Tadtegnur village which is about 22 kilometers from the District Headquarters, Kalaburagi. The estimated cost of the construction of first phase is Rs.28.08 crore.
6. The JNV at Kolar was established in 2017. The JNV is located approximately 70 Km from Bangalore city. The estimated cost of construction of first phase is 29.68 crore. The 30 acre permanent site is 14 Km away from the district headquarters of Kolar.
7. The JNV at Khunti was established in 2017. The JNV is located approximately 30 KMs from Ranchi. The permanent site is under construction and expected to be completed by the year 2020. The estimated cost of construction of the first phase is Rs 23.63crore.
8. Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, Gariaband, Chhattisgarh was established in 2017-18. Gariaband is a tribal area located approximately 90 km from Raipur city. The Vidyalaya is currently functioning at its temporary site at Govt. Middle Girls' School, Rajim, 45 kms away from the district HQ Gariaband. The permanent site of the Vidyalaya at Village: Panduka, Tahsil: Chura, Block: Fingeshwar is under construction. The estimated cost of construction of first phase is Rs 34.43 crores.
9. The JNV at Badaun was established in 2017. The JNV is functioning in a temporary building located at a distance of approximately 70 Kms from Bareilly city. The city is made popular my famous song writer Shri Shakee lBadayuni. The permanent campus is expected to become functional within two years. The estimated cost of the construction of first phase is Rs 30.93 crore.