Uttar Pradesh: Woman beaten to death over dowry in Shamli, husband arrested
A woman was allegedly beaten to death by her husband and in-laws over dowry demand in Balheda village in neighbouring Shamli district, police said. Ruma was killed on Wednesday under Jhinjhana police station area, they said.
A case has been registered and her husband Achin Kumar, father-in-law Chuhad Singh and sister-in-law Sonia were arrested, police said.
The body has been sent for post mortem and further investigations are on, they said Ruma was married to Achin three years ago and since then she was being harassed over dowry by her husband, they added.
- Maharashtra: Family faces social boycott for opposing virginity test in Thane district
- Jammu and Kashmir: Youth dies after getting injured during protests against rape of minor
- LS Polls: Yogi Adityanath urges Patna voters to support Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Goa CM Pramod Sawant: Will consider BJP's request to shut off-shore casinos
- Rajnath Singh speaks to CM Sarbananda Sonowal over Guwahati blasts