Uttar Pradesh: Woman harassed for dowry, kills herself in Muzaffarnagar
A woman hanged herself from the ceiling of her residence after being allegedly harassed for dowry by her in-laws in Muzaffarnagar district, police said Monday.
Rashmi had married Sumit Kumar eight months ago.
Kumar and his father have been arrested on abetment to suicide charge based on a complaint by the woman's father, they said.
The suicide was reported from Goela village on Sunday.
The body has been sent for a post-mortem examination.
- Shivraj Singh mocks Rahul Gandhi, says he has become 'Ranchoddas Gandhi'
- Maharashtra: 10 dead, 20 injured in bus, canter truck collision in Dhule district
- Mumbai: Prostitution racket busted, 6 Thai women rescued
- UP: Journalist, his brother shot dead in Saharanpur
- BS Hooda slams Congress leaders for not supporting abrogation of Article 370