Dwarka Crash: Mother of 23-Year-Old Victim Calls It ‘A Crime, Not an Accident’, Seeks Justice

New Delhi, The mother of 23-year-old Sahil Dhaneshra has publicly rejected the notion that her son’s death was a mere accident, calling it a crime driven by reckless behaviour after a road crash in Delhi’s Dwarka on February 3, 2026.
Hero Image


In emotional statements to the press, Inna Makan said her son was on his way to work near Lal Bahadur Shastri College when a Mahindra Scorpio SUV, driven by a teenage boy, smashed into his motorcycle and then struck a parked car and a taxi. Makan alleged the young driver and his sister had set out to make social media “reels”, short video clips, and were driving at dangerously high speeds at the time.

“It’s not a simple accident; this was criminal activity,” Makan said, insisting the Scorpio kept moving even after the first collision and failed to slow down. She pointed to CCTV evidence showing the SUV moving in the opposite lane before the fatal impact.


According to Delhi Police, the driver was a 17-year-old minor who lacked a valid licence and had previously received several overspeeding challans. He was initially sent to an observation home but was later granted interim bail on February 10 so he could sit for his Class 10 board exams, a decision that intensified the family’s call for justice.

Makan, who raised Sahil as a single parent, said her world was shattered in an instant, and she is now urging authorities to take strict action not only against the driver but also his parents and guardian for allowing an unlicensed minor to drive a powerful SUV. She has taken to social media and video appeals to rally public support and highlight her demands.


The case has triggered wider debate about road safety, juvenile driving laws, and the dangers of social media-driven recklessness. As investigations continue, the family’s plea underscores growing concerns over accountability when reckless behaviour leads to loss of innocent lives.