Pakistan Claims India Planning Military Strike Within 36 Hours, India Vows Full Retaliation

Hero Image
Share this article:
Tensions between India and Pakistan escalated dramatically following the Pahalgam terror attack, with Pakistan now claiming it has “credible intelligence” that India is preparing for a military operation within the next 24 to 36 hours. The claim was made during a surprise press conference held at 2 a.m. by Pakistan’s Information Minister Attaullah Tarar, who warned of grave consequences if India proceeds with any offensive move.


“We have credible intelligence-based information that India is planning a military offensive against Pakistan within the next 24 to 36 hours. Any action by India will be responded to with full force,” Tarar said in a video message posted online.

Reinforcing Pakistan’s defensive posture, Tarar asserted that any breach of Pakistani sovereignty would be met with a powerful response.


“The nation will defend its sovereignty and territorial integrity by all means necessary. If India tries to impose a war on Pakistan, it will be solely responsible for the disastrous and devastating costs,” he added.

The statement comes in the wake of a deadly terror strike in Baisaran, Jammu and Kashmir, on April 22, where at least 26 civilians lost their lives. India has accused Pakistan-based actors of orchestrating the massacre. However, Pakistan has dismissed the accusations, demanding concrete proof and labeling the Indian stance as unsubstantiated.


“India's habit of being the judge, jury, and executioner is categorically and strongly rejected by Pakistan,” Tarar said, while emphasizing that no evidence of Pakistani involvement had been presented.

Tarar's statement followed a series of ceasefire violations along the Line of Control (LoC), where Pakistani forces have allegedly tried to provoke Indian troops in recent days.

His warning was also in line with remarks made earlier by Pakistan's Defence Minister Khwaja Asif, who hinted at the possibility of armed conflict.

“If something has to happen, it will happen in two or three days,” Asif told Geo News during a local media appearance.


These developments unfolded shortly after Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi gave the armed forces the liberty to determine the timing and nature of India's response to the terror incident.

Modi had earlier vowed to track down those responsible for the attack, asserting that India would pursue them relentlessly.

India has already taken several strong retaliatory steps. Diplomatic ties with Pakistan have been downgraded, all Pakistani visas have been revoked, and the Wagah-Attari border crossing has been shut. India has also announced its decision to suspend the Indus Water Treaty, a historic water-sharing agreement between the two countries signed in 1960.